- Awards /
- Hedley Donovan Award
Hedley Donovan Award
- Should be leaders who have helped the publishing industry grow and receive more recognition.
- May come from the creative or the commercial side of the business.
- Should have a history of long-standing, notable contributions to the publishing industry.
Criteria for nominees
- A person who for many years has demonstrated significant contributions - near the pinnacle of success rather than on the way up in mid career.
- The nominee should be a publisher, editor or senior magazine executive who has received broad recognition in the magazine publishing arena and has been instrumental in one or more successful magazine enterprises.
- The nominee should be someone we would all be proud to have represent us and our industry.
- The nominee should have a record of significant contributions ("giving back") to the publishing industry as a whole, either through industry associations or other voluntary and cooperative forms of service.
2012 Hedley Donovan Award recipient Steve
Hedlund pictured with his wife Marsha.
- 2012: Steve Hedlund, formerly of GS Media & Events
- 2004: Steve Fox, Minnesota Monthly
- 2002: Al and Ron Lindner, founders of In-Fisherman magazine
- 2001: John Ehlert, formerly of Ehlert Publications Group
- 2000: Jim Secord, formerly of Bill Communications
- 1999: Burt Cohen of MSP Communications
*No award was given in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.